Stella Marie Juarez

baby

Thursday, October 30, 2008

My Drug

I love to shop. So much that sometimes I wonder if I am addicted. Shopping is my drug. If I feel bad or had a bad day, nothing makes me feel better than going and buying something. If I'm having a great day shopping just makes me feel even better.

Katie said to me earlier in the week that she really need some winter clothes. All she had to do was make that statement and I immediately set a date and time.

I love to help other people shop almost as much as I like to shop for myself. I love watching someone put something on that makes them feel pretty and see their face light up in the mirror. When I shop for people I just go down the aisles and throw everything I think might look good on them into the shopping cart. Usually they will say "Oh, Laura, that?". Trust me! It doesn't hurt to try things on and you have to have an imagination. Everything looks different on than it does on the hanger. Not to mention, the look of an outfit can change dramatically by what you choose for shoes and accessories.

We didn't have a ton of time last night because we had walked after work so we decided to stay close and go to Ross and Old Navy. I adore Ross. Some people think I'm crazy but if you have the time and can actually sort through all of the junk you can find some real gems for great prices. I wanted to go to Old Navy because I have a credit card there so I didn't need money in the bank to buy something!

I will not tell the exact amount spent last night but I will tell you it was very, very reasonable (cheap actually by my standards). Katie walked out with a new coat, scarf, a sweater tunic, three dresses, a pair of leggings, and a pair of tights - found, tried on and paid for all under an hour.

The sweater tunic and one of the dresses needed a long sleeve black shirt to go under them. That was the one thing we could not find at Ross so we headed over to Old Navy. Old Navy was having a big 50% off sale and I was excited about finding some great cheap items. As we were walking in I remembered the day about two months ago that I had cut up all of my credit cards in an attempt to curb my shopping addiction. Sadly, that meant I could by nothing. I got over it and went charging through the store looking for the needed long sleeve black shirt. Stuck in between some really ugly stuff I found it! It was perfect. Just what we were looking for and the right size. It was in the 50% off section but it did not have a sale tag on it so we started looking around the store to see if we could find where it came from. We went around the entire store only to realize this was the very last of these shirts and in fact the ONLY plain long sleeve black shirt in the entire store! I told Katie it was destiny! To top it off when we got to the register it was $5 less than we thought. This was Katie's night!

It turned out to be my night as well. Not only did I have a great time with Katie but I also found the one thing I said I actually needed - a pair of flat black boots (my feet have been killing me walking to work every day in my heels). I bought them at Ross for $12.99 - a steal! And, the fact that my credit card was cut up saved me the $89.00 I really wanted to spend on a coat at Old Navy.

I'm wearing my new boots today and every time I look at them it makes me smile. I guess the high hasn't worn off yet.

2 comments:

K. said...

it WAS successful. i had a good time, too, once i'd staved off the financial hyperventilation.

however, these tights? possibly slowly cutting me in half.

What's Next? said...

Where is my picture of the boots?