Stella Marie Juarez

baby

Thursday, October 16, 2008

A Very Happy Anniversary

(Warning: All photographs were taken with phone camera and are pretty crappy quality.)

Martin and I had a great celebration last night. First was dinner at Satterfield's:

Appetizers

Martin - Roasted Garlic and White Bean Soup with Crispy Prosciutto, Creme Fraiche and Chive Oil

Me - Fried Gulf Oysters and Okra with Frisee and Chunky Tartar Sauce

Entrees

Martin - Buttermilk Battered Tanglewood Farms Chicken Breast Truffled Israeli Couscous "Mac & Cheese" Braised Collard Greens and Buttermilk Sawmill Gravy

(see! terrible picture!)

Me - Hickory Grilled Hereford Beef Filet Pan Seared Cherry Tomatoes, Purple Mashed Potatoes, Dragon Tongue Beans and Chimichurri

Dessert

Chocolate cake thing and chocolate ice cream with caramel on the side (I don't remember what it was called or what was in it.)


We got one of the corner booths, shared a great bottle of wine and stuffed our faces. The food was amazing. Half way through we switched plates and I don't know which was better. The chicken was so flavorful and the beef was cooked perfectly. Haller (the chef) remembered it was almost our anniversary so he prepared the dessert and put a candle in it. Everyone there came up and spoke to us and congratulated us on making it a year (these days that's forever, see Chris Kattan). I wonder if our celebrity status there expires after a year....

After dinner we headed to see Michael Buble. This show was very surprising. The opening act, Naturally 7, was amazing. They are an a capella style group but they call what they do "Vocal Play". They are able to create the sounds of an electric guitar, violin, bass, harmonica, turntable and drums.


Seriously, some people in the crowd didn't even realize it was a capella. You really need to look these guys up on You Tube.

Then Michael came on stage. I expected to sit back, relax and just listen to him sing. I had no idea he was such a performer! He was really really funny and get the crowd laughing the entire time - and the man has some moves. He had all the middle aged women in the crowd throwing themselves at him.


We left early because I was exhausted and we wanted to beat the crowd but it was a great concert.

Happy Anniversary Martin. I love you with all my heart.

5 comments:

K. said...

well i read all of that with my usual jealousy, salivating over the food and wishing i could have heard the a cappella group and questioning my vegetarianism.

all customary.

then you had to go and make me misty at work. "all my heart," indeed. thanks a LOT.

Anonymous said...

It surely was an incredible evening,and Im not calling you Shirley. I didnt realize how much I would come away enjoying the sounds of Mr. Buble, but WOW he was great!! Our evening together was great!!! Happy Anniversary Mija!! I Love you.

What's Next? said...

I'm so glad you had a wonderful time. And yeah, I want that chicken dish and those oysters. I think I'm going to have to have that before the week is out.

John-Bryan Hopkins said...

IT'S BEEN A YEAR?

WOW SEEMS LIKE FOREVER AGO!

congrats!!

hey......I got some cake for ya!

Anonymous said...

Your Daddy loves you.....and the lunk you married. (oh...I meant"hunk")....Congrats. see you soon.