Stella Marie Juarez

baby

Monday, October 20, 2008

Weekend Wrap-Up

Friday I was off work and was able to meet Lindsay for lunch. We had a great time and we really need to do that more often! I was even lucky enough to spend a few minutes with her adorable kids. Seriously - these kids are BEAUTIFUL!

After lunch I made a quick stop and found a Christmas present for Grandma and Martin's sister (two more down!).

Friday night Martin was sick so I took the girls and met Katie and Jeannie for dinner. Somehow dinner turned into a night at the salon and both girls went home with french braided hair.

Saturday Martin was still sick.........and I had a hair appointment so Jeannie offered to take the girls with her while I got my hair done. I wanted to do something different with my hair but after talking it over I pretty much stayed with the usual:


No, I'm not crying. I don't know why my eyes look so teary.....

I then met Jeannie, the girls and ALL the dogs for lunch. We sat outside and enjoyed the great weather while Marisa and Anna told me how Jeannie had been spoiling them rotten. See -


Yeah, it broke but it was still cute.

Anna wanted the cookie that would "change her mouth colors". And, indeed it did.

Saturday night Martin was finally able to get out of bed and we took Marisa and Anna to the haunted house. This was Marisa's fourth time to go through but Anna had never actually made it. In the past, she would get a few steps inside, bury her head in Martin's shirt and beg to be carried out. This year she FINALLY made it through and she was very proud!

That picture was taken before we went through - I think Marisa looks more scared than Anna. Anna looks like somebody gave her some "liquid courage".

We left the haunted house with Anna and beaming and went back to Jeannie's house for dinner. We had roast, mashed potatoes, broccoli with homemade cheese sauce and chocolate pie for dessert. After dinner we played hours and hours of Apples to Apples until the girls were literally falling asleep at the table. We then headed home.

The picture barely turned out but Marisa was so exhausted she fell asleep on top of Layla on the ride home. Layla clearly didn't mind.

Sunday consisted of more hours of Apples to Apples and multiple pitchers of margaritas (thanks Jeannie!). It was a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

Today is our actual anniversary. Happy anniversary to us! Thanks to Kelly for the sweet, sweet card that we got in the mail on Saturday. Thank you for thinking of us. We love you!

Tonight we are planning on staying in and eating year old cake. Don't be jealous!

6 comments:

Southern Foodette said...

Apples to Apples is the best game ever!! I'm glad I talked JBSH into buying it when I was up there last! Love to the girls!

Happy Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary Mija I Love You more and more each and every day. I cant to spend a nice quiet evening together with my incredible wife. TOY T-thinking O-of Y-you. TOY!!!

Juarez Family said...

Sjon - Thank you for introducing us to the game. It's our favorite!

Martin - Toy? Really? Huh.

John-Bryan Hopkins said...

woo hoo.......MAKE A BABY TONIGHT.....!!

oh wait

did I just say that..

oh well.....

happy 1st.....you made it!!!!

put on your red dress and go dancing!!!

What's Next? said...

LA LA LA LA LA .... Don't talking about TOYS ON YOUR BLOG???? EEEP ...
Ha ha ... it was a great weekend for me. Thanks for hanging out. Happy Anniversary my friends. Love you both.

K. said...

happy anniversary! i had fun tonight. so much for a quiet evening at home!

hee hee ... ;-)