Stella Marie Juarez

baby

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Eggcellent!


I have been craving eggs and egg salad ever since JB posted about his egg and olive sandwich. We finally went grocery shopping last night and I got the fixings for the best sandwich ever!!

I made my quick and easy egg salad (hard boiled eggs, pinch of salt, dash of pepper and low fat mayo), I thinly sliced tomatoes and green olives and cooked some bacon. We usually buy whole wheat and whole grain products at our house but for this sandwich I bought some delicious super soft white bread (it did say it was whole grain though....). I toasted the bread, spooned on a helping of egg salad, topped it with 2 slices of tomato, a few sliced green olives and a piece of extra crispy bacon. It. was. so. good. I made Martin's with extra bacon and no green olives and he liked it so much he had multiple sandwiches :)

After craving it for weeks, it hit the spot!

The rest of our night was pretty uneventful. We watched Dancing with the Stars (there was nothing else on!) and saw Kim Kardashian (aka Pinocchio) get kicked off. How sad for her - kicked off before the old lady! She really was THAT bad.

Martin is enjoying the JCC being closed for the Jewish holiday. He was able to go have lunch with Marisa and Anna at school today. He was so excited because Marisa and her teacher gave him a Dallas Cowboys pencil.

We are so easy, eggs and pencils.

It's the small things in life!

2 comments:

K. said...

you know, i was just down the street. give a girl a call!

i'm glad martin got a pencil. i know that loss was painful ... for him. =)

Juarez Family said...

I knew I would lose on the bacon! Eat meat and then you'll get the invite :)