Stella Marie Juarez

baby

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Weekend Wrap-Up

Martin and I had a productive weekend. Friday afternoon we picked up the dresser we bought for Marisa and Anna's room. As we were moving it into their room, some friends called and wanted us to join them for dinner. We rushed out the door and enjoyed an early dinner so we could get home to watch the debate. I thought McCain did a good job of freaking us all out with his creepy laugh and Obama did a good job of explaining in easy to understand terms what his plan is if he is elected.

Saturday morning we got up early and ran some errands before meeting with a financial planner. We then scooted (literally) over to Dad's house to deliver his Obama yard sign. That reminds me - a promise was made it would be up in the yard by Monday. I need to check that out......Dad invited us to go have lunch with them. We went to Bottega Cafe and had an amazing lunch! While sipping on Greyhounds, I enjoyed the deviled eggs and the chicken tortellini salad. Martin started with a delicious beef and lentil soup and then had the mussells (insert jokes about how he already has muscles here....). Katie, Dad and JB were rushing off to see Rent so we skipped desert but I heard they had a sweet potato coconut cheesecake - yes please!! We hadn't had a Bottega lunch in a long time and it was wonderful!

Martin and I then went on a long search for a mirror to hang above the girls' new dresser. After going to five different places we randomly walked into the new store, Garden Ridge, where we found the perfect one!

The rest of Saturday included watching two football games. Auburn had a painful win and Alabama had an even more painful win. I think there were a lot of stunned dawgs Sunday morning.

Sunday I spent way too many hours moving all of Marisa and Anna's clothes downstairs and getting the room ready for them. I think their room is FINALLY finished.

The Cowboys had an unfortunate loss on Sunday which made Martin very unhappy.

Tavi came over Sunday night and we went through piles and piles of college paperwork. We had a nice evening and I think were able to help her sort some things out. We scheduled campus visits for the local schools and came up with a to do list.

This is my last week to sleep in. Next Monday it is back to getting up at 5:00 a.m. and loads of boot camp paperwork to do. I better enjoy this while I can!

Hope everyone has a great week!

4 comments:

K. said...

mmmmm bottega ... what a lunch! it was delicious. although the second half of my piadine was whisked away before i had the chance to ask for a box. i fear the greyhounds slowed the reflexes.

John-Bryan Hopkins said...

HONEY YOU LOOK TOO GOOD TO BE IN BOOT CAMP!!

I say.....Sleep in!

Anonymous said...

I want Bottega!!! Jealous I am.

Juarez Family said...

No, my friend, I do not actually participate in boot camp - I watch the children while the parents teach boot camp!!