Stella Marie Juarez

baby

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Christmas in September

It drives Martin crazy that I start Christmas shopping in September. He doesn't want to think that far in advance and thinks it is just an excuse for me to spend money. Of course, I do love to spend money but this is the only way we can get everyone a gift and still pay our mortgage each month. I spend a little out of each paycheck from now until Christmas. Anyhoo, I have to be careful how much I tell because I don't know who will read this.

I have purchased Jeannie's gift and received notification that they shipped it today (and it is awesome, if I do say so myself).

I got Tavi a vintage-style locket from Etsy.com, a 40's inspired headband with a huge peacock feather (that I totally fell in love with and want to keep for myself) and a cool pair of shoes.

When it comes to gifts for Marisa and Anna it is very difficult. They are selling the same crappy toys they sold last year. No one has come out with anything new. Here is what I have so far:

I have ordered them Apples to Apples for Kids and The Ungame. Sjon introduced us to Apples to Apples and I knew right away we had to have it. The Ungame is the "paper version" of a game we love to play when we go out to eat. It has questions that you ask each other. For example, "if you could be anyone in the world who would you want to be" "what is your biggest regret in life" "what do you want to be when you grow up". I have been running out of questions lately to ask so I am excited to have an entire game full of new questions!

I also found a game called Lightning Reaction - Shocking Game. It's a two player game where you hold onto poles and when the light changes you have to push the buttons down. If you lose, and aren't quick enough, you get shocked. Like actually shocked. Like ouch, I just put my finger in a socket shocked. Should be quite amusing.

Marisa will be getting a Glow in the Dark Ouija Board. She's never had one and come on, who hasn't had fun getting all freaked out with their friends playing on the Ouija Board!! She will love it because she is very much into ghost stories and scary stuff.

I am ordering Anna and Marisa each a Picture Puzzle book from Books-A-Million. If you have kids and haven't discovered these books, they are so fun! It is like the bar game Photo Hunt but you can take them with you to restaurants or play at home.

I am still searching the BAM website and anticipate all three of them getting more books.

Martin's dad will be getting a wedding picture, just need to print it and find a frame.

So, left to go for Christmas: Mom, Dad, JB, brother/Mikel, Katie, Grandma and then finish the kids. Now that I have written it down - doesn't seem like I am as far ahead as I thought....

If anyone has suggestions for the kids or anyone else - let me know!

We also have birthdays coming up. But no worries, The Planner has it taken care of. I have Katie's birthday present done. I ordered Marisa tickets to see High School Musical 2 in Atlanta for her birthday. Still remaining, the hardest one - DAD. That task is even too difficult for The Planner - suggestions welcome.

Oh, I just remembered, I haven't even started thinking about Christmas cards! Looks like I have my work cut out for me.

4 comments:

K. said...

i would say you should get dad a book, but every time jeannie tells the story about how we threw dad a book birthday, she starts it with, "when k. told me about the party, i thought it was going to be REALLY BAD ... "

i hear he needs country music. country music and a gift certificate to scandinavian design. jb told me so.

Kelly Forester said...

How about a reloadable Sticks 'N Stuff gift card for your dad? You know Tina Gordon is pretty much a celebrity around Shelby County...PS-Thanks for sending me the link to your blog!!

Juarez Family said...

Kelly - What would I do without you? I'm SURE my dad would love something with Tina Gordon's picture on it!

K - No gift certificates. That's like giving Dad cash.

Anonymous said...

Well this isn't fair .... I notice you say what you got everyone but ME (and K for her birthday) No fair soliciting outside advice for your dad. And K .... you have to finish with me saying .... "but it ended up being a lot of fun!"