Stella Marie Juarez

baby

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Outlook is Dim

Today I had to attend Microsoft Outlook training. The firm is converting from Groupwise to Outlook. The training sessions were separated by practice groups. There were only seven of us participating from the general litigation group. The attorneys refused to attend - didn't want to mingle with the little people.

I sat through two terribly boring hours and didn't learn anything I didn't already know. We were unable to even complete the class because an old lady up front (wearing her best Golden Girls outfit) had to ask question after question. "Wait, how'd you get there." "Wait, my screen doesn't look like yours." "Wait, how' d you get to the internet."

SHE CLICKED ON "INTERNET" BRAIN SURGEON! Can this woman please get a private tutor?

Icing on the cake - teacher calls me out. We were told to create an email and send it to the class. We were sending from training computers so the only identifying information was Trainer 1, Trainer 2, etc. I created my email - subject "Sleepy" and body "1 hour left". Everyone (minus Ms. Ican'tfindthatonmycomputer) sent their test emails out (most of which involved a shoutout to Bama or a Rolltide! - gross). I had no idea teacher knew which Trainer id went with each computer. When mine popped up she looked over at me and said to the class "I guess someone ate too much".

I guess someone should have stayed in bed today.

2 comments:

K. said...

"someone ate too much"???

geez. first they treat you like you're too stupid to e-mail, and then they insult you. thanks, assholes.

btw, "outlook is dim"? genius.

Anonymous said...

Hey .... that lady was in MY last computer class!!!! She gets around.