Stella Marie Juarez

baby

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Weathered the Storm

So things are looking up. Turns out when you blog about being broke this will show up at your house!




Yes, that's a BIG bottle too! Thanks K!

Last night Katie went through her house and brought me things she had leftover from her meat eating days. She also brought a pack of spaghetti noodles and a can of black olives. I was able to make Martin's lunch (brown rice, green peas, can of chicken (thanks K) and soy sauce), our dinner (spaghetti, the sauce we had and black olives) and my lunch (left over spaghetti) without spending a dime.

She also brought her dinner over which was fake chicken nuggets. They were quite tasty. I think she was hoping to have leftovers for her lunch - but - Martin and I both liked them so........that didn't really work out for her.

With stuffed tummies we retired to the sofa to enjoy the wine and watch Dancing With The Stars. That show is crazy. How can Warren Sapp be so freaking good - quick and light on his feet oozing personality. Then Kim Kardashian is just TERRIBLE. She is like watching Pinocchio dance before he became a real boy. She follows the steps but she is stiff as a board with a blank stare!!

We had a very nice evening - especially since it started with me and Katie walking Jake and Layla. Something I kept saying I was going to do but never got around to.

Thanks to my dear, hard working husband, we are getting back on top financially. This week has shown me if you have to live off very little - you can do it. (Especially if you have a sister that will bring you food and wine!)

Happy Hump Day guys. I have high hopes for today after my morning started with lots of laughter. I made my breakfast - oatmeal and cottage cheese. I know, some of you just threw up a little in your mouth. I asked Martin if he wanted to taste it - he took a BIG bite and proceeded to literally gag and SPIT IT OUT (on the carpet!). I couldn't help but laugh. And this is the man who will eat anything.

To each his own....

Peace out people.

No comments: