Stella Marie Juarez

baby

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

No Dollars No Sense

So the Juarez family is broke. Again. Those that know me know this is a pretty common occurrence. This time we are down to only the change left in our drawers. I made a mistake and forgot to deposit a check before I paid the power bill. I know, stupid. I just forgot. That of course went unnoticed for a while because it takes things a while post. It wasn't until yesterday morning that I realized that purchases from the weekend were going to bounce. Don't you like how it's called "bouncing"? Makes it sound like a pleasurable experience. Good times.

I left work yesterday and knew we had no food in our house and no money. The only thing in the fridge was a container of homemade meat sauce that the Nadlers had sent home with us Saturday night. I needed to save gas so I knew I had to stop at the store before going home. The only money I would have is what I could find in my purse and car. I found 82 cents in my purse. I searched and searched the car until I found $4 dollars in change. I stopped at Bruno's and got a pack of three baking potatoes for $3.99. So dinner was taken care of. Baked potatoes (2 for Martin, 1 for me) topped with the meat sauce and some cheese (that I found in the back of the fridge, we aren't sick yet so it must have been ok).

Now lunch would be tricky. I dug deep in the cabinets and came up with enough items to make a filling lunch for Martin. Brown rice, frozen green peas, a can of tuna and some soy sauce. Hey there smells bad face, it was actually pretty tasty!!!

For now we will have to be creative as we patiently wait for pay day to roll around. Looks like no more of these for a while

Good news is I found a jar of spaghetti sauce yesterday when I was searching my cabinets so I just need to come up with enough change for a box of pasta for tonight!

Having no money tends to get me down. Luckily my good friend, Stace the Face sent me these kind words this morning:

I don't care if you lick windows, take the special bus or occasionally pee on yourself..You hang in there sunshine, you're friggin' special.

What a great friend, always knows how to pick me up when I'm down.

Have a great Tuesday!

3 comments:

K. said...

it would seem that it's not so much that you don't HAVE any money or food, you just HIDE it.

you know what's in the back of my fridge? nothing. know how i know? because the only thing in the front of my fridge is a crusty jar of salsa and an empty salad spinner.

put things in plain sight, mane!

Juarez Family said...

It was a bag of shredded cheese. There was only a tiny bit left so it was flat and laying behind MY jar of crusty salsa. No telling how old that is....

Anonymous said...

well at least you LIKE potatoes and pasta ... kudos for creativity and industry