Stella Marie Juarez

baby

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

How can you mess up Mexican food?

I left work yesterday and for the first time actually enjoyed the walk to my car. The weather was amazing and no one asked me for money. I thought about how I would spend my evening. Martin had to work until 7:45 p.m. so I knew I had almost three hours before I would pick him up (he's not driving the Vespa right now because the tire needs to be replaced). My first thought was I would take Layla for a walk. She could use the exercise. I could REALLY use the exercise. The closer I got to home the less appealing that idea seemed. I got home, remembered Layla was out of food, scratched the walk idea, tossed on a moo moo sized t-shirt and headed to Walgreens for some cheap puppy chow. On the way, I called Katie and suggested we go enjoy the afternoon and sit outside at Hacienda Grill, sip on wine and snack on guacamole.

It was great weather, great company and horrible food. The chips tasted like old oil, the guacamole was thick with no taste at all and the cheese dip was the consistency of Pond's cold cream. It did end on a high note - a cheesecake burrito. See Katie's blog for more information! One word of advice though, if you want a cheap buzz - come to Irondale. Wine at Hacienda is $3.50 a glass.

No comments: