Stella Marie Juarez

baby

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Wet Wednesday

This morning Martin didn't have a client until 8:30 and he finishes at 5 (Jewish holiday again) so we decided we would carpool to work to save gas and Martin wouldn't have to ride the Vespa in the rain.
We walked out of the house and as soon as I locked the front door it went from no rain to total downpour. I'm talking - I couldn't see in front of the car to drive - that kind of downpour. I started complaining about how wet I would be by the time I parked and walked to the office. So my thoughtful husband texted his client and told him he would be a few minutes late and told me he would drop me off instead. I was very lucky. When Sheila (you all know who she is) got here she was SOAKED. I'm talking her hair, shirt, and shoes were dripping and her pants had soaked up the water from her feet all the way to her lady part. While she sat wet and freezing I was warm and dry at my desk. Thanks Martin!

This weather today is not doing much for my mood or energy level. Although things have improved - this is what it looks like now


it is still very cloudy but it is a drastic change from what it looked like when I got to work.

The weather combined with only four and half hours of sleep last night is making me kinda cranky. We didn't go to sleep until 12:30 this morning because as we crawled into bed last night the power went off (and this is very rare at our house). With no power we had no fan, no air conditioning and no sound machine. I couldn't fall asleep because I was surrounded by hot still air so I just laid there and woke Martin up every time I heard a noise - I heard a lot of them. It turned out it was the tree next to our house blowing in the wind and scraping the house (but I only believed that was actually the source of the noises until I had kept Martin up for two hours.......).

Think this means I can refuse Alabama Power their raise next week?

2 comments:

K. said...

your husband is better than my husband.

your view is better than my view.

i'm going back to bed.

What's Next? said...

No ... Alabama Power doesn't care if they send you power or not. They want their raise.