Stella Marie Juarez

baby

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Acute Viral Nasopharyngitis

"After initial infection, the viral replication cycle begins within 8 to 12 hours. Symptoms can occur shortly thereafter, and usually begin within 2 to 5 days after infection, although occasionally in as little as 10 hours after infection. The first indication is often a sore throat. Other common symptoms are congestion, sneezing and cough."

Yep, I have it. Sounds terrible doesn't it? It IS terrible.

I know it's just a common cold but it can really make you miserable! Don't worry, I am being tough.

I was so tough I even went to Wal-Mart to buy groceries on a Monday at 5:00 p.m. I think everyone will agree that is indeed very tough.

Since Martin will eat soup for every meal and I was feeling particularly whiny last night, I decided it would be a good soup night. I didn't have a recipe so I just tossed some things into the grocery cart. Here's what was in it:

chicken broth
chicken
rotel with lime juice and cilantro
taco seasoning
kidney beans
chick peas
box of macaroni

Seriously, it doesn't sound that great but it was delicious! It was a little spicy, just enough to get the nose running (and Martin sweating). It was nutritious and super quick and easy.

My recipe for getting over a cold: chicken soup, chocolate and peanut butter ice cream and in bed by 9:00 p.m.

How do YOU get over a cold?

1 comment:

K. said...

indian food and bourbon.