Stella Marie Juarez

baby

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Trip to a Dale

Monday night Martin, Katie and I drove to Gardendale. I had never been there. I was actually surprised at how much stuff was out there! There are a lot of restaurants and places to shop, a lot more than Irondale.

Anyhoo - we went to Gardendale to see Marisa be honored for being a fifth grade scholar (she takes after her daddy). Being a fifth grade scholar means she scored an 88 or above on her fourth grade SAT. Superintendent Phil Hammonds awarded the certificates at Gardendale First Baptist Church.

Marisa looked adorable and mortified by the attention but I'm sure she enjoyed it. We are so proud of her and appreciate Katie coming out to the 'dale with us. Katie is always up for watching a fellow scholar get recognized.

Marisa is one smart cookie - maybe she takes after me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow ,she sounds like an incredible kid! You must be proud, she does sound as if she takes after her Dad. I heard he is a remarkable individual.