Stella Marie Juarez

baby

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The Excitement Factor

This morning I woke up before my alarm went off. I was excited and eager to get to my poll.

Apparently, so was everyone else in Irondale. I wasn't sure exactly where my polling place was but when I ran into this



then I knew I had to be close. I couldn't believe the cars. They were everywhere! I had to park and walk and later heard people were parking half a mile to a mile away and walking in.

I got in line next to the welcome sign.

I was so excited to see such a great turnout.


People were smiling ear to ear and taking pictures to document this special day. The line looked pretty long but since that meant high voter turnout I remained excited. That was until I saw this

I thought the line was just a straight shot into the building. Nope - Once you got close to the building, it then started wrapping around like a line at Disney World.

The excitement started to wear off. I was in high heels and my feet were killing me. I was in the shade and the wind picked up so I was freezing. I had not had any caffeine and started to get grumpy and sleepy. But I pushed through. I waited two and half hours to place my vote for Obama.

As I was leaving these people were just beginning to wait.

I'd say Irondale is very excited!

The huge majority of the people in line were there to vote for Obama. This guy wasn't.


He proudly showed off his McCain embroidered golf shirt. He didn't really need the shirt. He looked like one of the angry McCain supporters.

Now that I have changed into flat shoes and warmed up the excited has returned. I am proudly wearing my (ok Esa's) Obama/Biden pin and my "I voted" sticker. I can't wait to see what happens tonight. If doesn't go our way.......well it just has to go our way. We can't take any more of this.

It's time for change.

VOTE!

Barack Obama/Joe Biden 2008

1 comment:

K. said...

NICE post. and i'm super impressed at your fortitude!