Stella Marie Juarez

baby

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Surprise!

Well not so much surprise - everyone pretty much already knows. But we are expecting a little one! Little Juarez will be here in November and Martin and I could not be more excited!

The last few weeks have not been very much fun. The nausea and fatigue were worse than I had expected. However, I am very happy to report that I am feeling MUCH better. I actually made it to the grocery store and cooked dinner last night! It is wonderful to have some energy back. Next step is to get moving. I need to start walking or do something active with all the food I'm eating these days!

The number question we have gotten is "are you going to find out the sex". The answer is ABSOLUTELY! I am way too much of a planner to go 9 months without knowing. I understand a lot of people like to be surprised at the end but that just isn't us. We can't wait to find out - about 9 more weeks :)

We are currently in week 10 which means:

"Your astonishingly tiny baby has been hard at work growing as fast as possible—almost doubling in size in the past three weeks! Amazingly, you’re in for a repeat size doubling performance within the next three weeks! Your tiny champion still weighs less than a quarter of an ounce but has already completed the most critical stage of their development. Using Doppler technology, your doctor or gynecologist can let you hear their tiny rapid fetal heartbeats this week (145-165 beats per minute!). Chances for miscarriage are greatly reduced when the heartbeat can be detected, so take a sigh of relief if you’ve been needing one—it hasn’t been an easy ten weeks! What’s more, they’re getting ready to make their first baby poop! Your little one’s major organ systems are developing, including a functioning digestive tract capable of moving food all the way through their bowels. The final shiny gold star on their fetal behavior chart for the week: your little scrapper has already developed defense mechanisms to protect them on reflex!"

First baby poop? Now who isn't getting excited about that?

As for me:

"And how's mom doing? More good news for mom: the placenta has grown substantially in size and function and is now beginning to manage some of your child’s hormones, finally taking some of the hormonal burden off of you! Since the placenta has gradually taken over the hormone production for your baby, you should finally start to notice that much-awaited decrease in morning sickness symptoms."

And I would totally agree with that! The hormones have really made me feel crazy. For one, it has made me feel completely stupid (no comments, please). I have been super forgetful and just not as sharp as I normally am (no comments, please). I have also had weird cravings like corn dogs - ew. I am not a hot dog eater so this one was pretty weird. Luckily that phase has passed!

I go back to the doctor tomorrow. I'll keep everyone posted!

1 comment:

K. said...

YAY, she's BACK!